Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hair Care and Aloe Vera

Last year I heard of a lot of people doing the HCG diet. I decided that would be a great way to lose weight, and it was, but I wasn't ready for the long term consequences to the diet.  My hair went from silky and smooth to curly, kinky and dry. More and more we are finding that the things we ingest in our bodies effect our health. I'd like to take that idea further. The things we use on our SKIN/HAIR also effects our health by seeping into our pores in our skin.
Currently, I have been in search for a Aloe Vera plant, and they are hard to find but, this time of year you should be able to find one.

Upon reading a health and beauty article, I found that Aloe Vera can be used as a conditioner, a scalp treatment and even can promote hair growth. Aloe Vera also has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties.
The best and easiest way to incorporate Aloe Vera use is to mix a little bit it in the shampoo or conditioner you already use. For a scalp treatment let stay on scalp for approximately 2 hours.
 I am thinking this could help my hair situation, encourage growth, and make it silky smooth. What do you think?


When choosing a Aloe Vera plant, choose the more mature plant whenever possible. These are more potent and their strength increases with age.

Place in a well drained pot with a sandy soil. Do NOT over water. Allow soil to become dry before watering again. Aloe Vera prefers indirect light. You may also replant new shoots for additional plants.

For directions on extracting the Aloe Vera, go to .

http://youtu.be/6GCN2Th7_eY - 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I guess it does more than just soothe burns, which is what my Mom always used it for. A lady at the Christmas Bazaar was selling a bunch of her Aloe plants. I can't remember her name, but I bet you'd know who it was if I described her to you, so let me know if you are still looking for one!

    ReplyDelete