Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 keys to making your dishwasher and toilet last longer

Did you know that the detergent you are using could be ruining your dishwasher? The "Tabs" have a agent that hold the detergent together, and is also shorting the life of your dishwasher. My dad has worked for 40 years supervising a plumbing department of a company and gave me that sweet bit of information when my dishwasher started making a funny loud noises. The moment I stopped using the "tabs" my dishwasher stopped making loud sounds. He see's it all the time, and whether your dishwasher is making noises or not, it's simply not good on your dishwasher. Try the liquid or the power for detergent.

Your toilet can be ruined by cleaners too, the new bleach tablets are not good on your toilet. I was using a bleach tablet that sat in the tank of my toilet, self cleaning and it seemed to work great. The bleach breaks down the rubber gasket and makes your toilets have slow leaks over time. You will eventually have to replace the stopper or gasket that controls flushing. It also wastes water which will add up on your water bill.

If you have any smart tips please let me know. I am always looking to share smart bits of information.



No comments:

Post a Comment